All enduring human cultures have been shaped by the need to be worthy of what we take. Either we make our lives a part of a cycle of gift, or we become an engine of depletion, bringing about a desolation from which we will not escape. The fossil economy breaks the possibility of such a cycle. How many million years of dying in the forests and seas of the ancient world goes into one generation of living the way we have been doing around here lately?
1. Civilization is not the World.
2. Civilization is just a story.
3. Someday humans will die.
4. The World is more important than humans.
5. The problem is self-correcting.
6. We are returning to right relationship with the World.