“If we do not learn the lessons of our current system, nor learn to face its death in a generative way, then we might refuse to let it go when its time comes, holding on to it at any cost and possibly leading to further violence. What’s more, we might continue to repeat the mistakes of this system in the context of whatever comes after it.”
Apophatic Futurism: a commitment to a future existence which by definition cannot be described.
Michael and I talk about a post-doom perspective, living beyond both hope and despair, embracing death, mental health during collapse, and the power of gratitude and love.
1. Civilization is not the World.
2. Civilization is just a story.
3. Someday humans will die.
4. The World is more important than humans.
5. The problem is self-correcting.
6. We are returning to right relationship with the World.